MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Due to fast acceptance and record demand of our microFUSION series digital power controllers, Control Concepts, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer. This position will be responsible for the design of automated test fixtures and tooling for use in the assembly process as well as continued mechanical hardware development for our line of digital SCR power controllers and switching power supplies
SCR power controllers and switching power supplies regulate the flow of power in industrial manufacturing processes. Control Concepts, a privately-held, Minnesota-based company, designs and manufactures these power controllers and supplies sold to OEMs, distributors, and end users. Our controllers are used in many diverse applications including:
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
- Single Crystal Growers
- Industrial Furnaces & Ovens
- Oil & Gas Production
- LCD & Fiber Optic Manufacturing
- Glass Manufacturing
- Solar Cell Manufacturing
- Web Drying
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Diamond & Abrasives Manufacturing
- Heat Treating Metals
- Radio & TV Transmitters
- Water Purification / Chlorination
Control Concepts, Inc. has over 38 years of experience providing the highest quality products and service to the power control industry. Our goal of “achieving continuous customer satisfaction” is realized through a supportive team environment of dedicated and talented employees. We anticipate our compound annual growth rate to continue in the years to come. In order to achieve our growth goals, we need experienced and motivated technical people.
The Mechanical Design Engineer position has a high degree of visibility and opportunity within our small company. This individual will use their technical knowledge and expertise in the development of automated assembly/testing processes and electronic packaging for both AC & DC power controllers and supplies using all aspects of automation and mechanical engineering. The engineer will have a full range of responsibility from concept to production including: wiring sketches, exploded view assembly procedures, test fixture creation, automated assembly, and documentation support. This position requires a creative problem solver that understands Design for Manufacturing, automation, product/process flow, and lean manufacturing technology.
- DFM review with manufacturing and engineering team.
- Design automated assembly line equipment and programming.
- Design automated test fixtures and maintenance.
- Bill of materials creation and maintenance.
- Test procedure creation and maintenance.
- Work closely with manufacturing to monitor and improve the efficiency and output.
- Machine vision systems.
- Certification submittals E.G. CE, UL, SCCR
- UL quarterly inspection validation
- First article inspection of customer submittals
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer support as required.
- Traveling up to 10%.
- U.S. citizen with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field with 4+ years practical experience in an automation manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of product/process flow.
- Design for high volume manufacture including robotic automation.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks.
- Programming experience with C, C#, and Labview
- Excellent problem solver with a high degree of engineering curiosity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment of an emerging growth company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of Microsoft based communications.
Control Concepts, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package (commensurate with experience) and generous benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching, a flexible spending account, and a tuition reimbursement program. Control Concepts is an equal opportunity employer.